Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sarah Corson Photo #3

This is a photo of Sarah Corson with four granddaughters. The little blonde girl (with the X)seated next to Sarah is my grandmother Marjorie (Marge) Arline Corson Herron. The photo measures 5"X3 1/2". I had no idea who the other children were until finding a second cousin once removed, K.C. Pease. Based on the fact that we can identify Marge, Kay was able to make an educated guess that the two other blondes are probably Alice and Ruth Rodamar, while the girl with the long dark hair is most likely Audrey Corson. Since my grandmother was born in 1910 and appears to be about 5 or 6 years old in the photo, my guess is that this picture was taken around 1915.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, doing some quick research on family history with my son, we googled Ruth Rodamar (my grandmother) and came across this picture. As of this date, Jan 5, 2011, she is alive and well at the ripe old age of 100. Thank you for posting as I intend to share the picture with her. Tom Griffin

Nana A.Herron said...

That's amazing news! If you have time, I'd like to hear about your side of the family. Also, if you have any photos you'd like to share, please let me know. (My email info is on my profile page.) Thanks for visiting!